TIPS FOR TRAVELING TO SANTA MARTA
- Colombia has a time difference with Greenwich Mean Time -5 hours (UTC -5).
- It is suggested you wear light clothing materials like cotton to keep you cool and comfortable.
- Most businesses are open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 and 2:00 to 6:00 pm. Shopping malls are open all day until 9:00 pm.
- We recommend a yellow fever vaccine 15 days before your trip if you plan on touring the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
- You can spend up to U.S. $ 10,000 in cash.
- Santa Marta has ATM service 24 hours a day. For international transactions most accept Visa and Master Card.
- Advise your bank that you are going place a transaction for a considerable amount of money in another country before your departure.
- We suggest you plan your arrival for a Sunday to maximize the time during the week and have a pleasant return.